This Week at WMES - November 9th
This week at WMES
November 9th, 2020
Dear WMES Families:
• Remembrance Day is November 11th. There is no school on that day. Students will be participating in a virtual Remembrance Day assembly on Tuesday morning.
We encourage everyone to wear red and black tomorrow. All students will be given a Poppy sticker to wear for the assembly.
Lest we forget.
• A note for EXCEL parents:
Students who stay at school for EXCEL will need to continue carrying their indoor shoes back and forth each day as they need to have indoor shoes in each space and they are not able to bring them back and forth between the two spaces each day. Please continue to ensure that their shoes are labelled, and ensure they are in their backpacks each morning. Thank you.
• On Tuesday, November 10th we will be sanding and painting some more of our spool tables between 3 and 6pm. For those families that have adopted a spool to paint at school feel free to come by anytime the weather is favorable if you have your own supplies. If you need supplies please make arrangements ahead of time so that someone can meet you here. Thanks again for everyone’s generosity. The tables are really starting to look great.
• We will be having our third fire drill of the 2020-21 school year this week. In total, we have 6 fire drills each year. The remaining 3 fire drills will take place in the Spring.
• Teachers are currently preparing for first term report cards. Report cards will be emailed out the first week of December. It is very important that we have up to date email addresses for each family. Parent Teacher interviews will be virtual this year and you will receive more information about this over the next few weeks.
Have a great week everyone. As always – please reach out if you have questions / concerns.
Take care & stay safe