This Week at WMES - November 23rd
This week at WMES
November 23rd, 2020
Dear WMES Families:
Parent Teacher Interviews –
- Parent Teacher conferences will take place on Thursday, Dec. 3rd from 1 – 6pm for most classrooms. Some teachers are making slight adjustments to this schedule so please check the times carefully when the teacher contacts you.
- You should receive an email from your child’s classroom teachers over the next couple of days if you haven’t had one already to set up an appointment time.
- If you would like to request a meeting with Ms. Smeltzer (Music) and/or Mr. James (PE) please let us know by filling in this google form. Ms. Power (Core French) will be holding conferences at another time.
Some important reminders about COVID-19 protocols:
- Our Shared health is our shared responsibility.
- Find important resources at: https://novascotia.ca/protect-yourself-and-others-from-coronavirus/
- Windows in classrooms are kept open as much as possible this year for extra ventilation. Please be sure to send your child with a sweater, etc to help them stay warm if they are finding the classrooms cool.
- We will continue to go outside as frequently as possible each day for fresh air and mask breaks. Please be sure that students are coming to school with appropriate outdoor attire for all weather situations.
- Frequent and thorough Hand Washing and Sanitizing is stressed each day at school. Please continue these conversations at home as well. Here is a video you can watch with your students to reiterate the importance of hand-washing properly: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/video/covid-19-hand-washing-heroes.html
- Here is a poster to help remind everyone at home if you wish to print it: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/Hand-Washing-Poster.pdf
Thank you for your support as we all work hard together to keep our schools safe, and open.
Lion’s Christmas Express -
- This year we are unfortunately unable to hold the food drive that we would typically be doing right now to help our local “Lion’s Christmas Express” support our community over the holidays. This year the Lion’s Express is anticipating helping even more families due to COVID19. In place of food baskets they will be providing Christmas breakfast and dinner (healthy veggies, fruit, Turkey, etc.) for families in need. You can still help by donating to this amazing cause.
- Here is the link if you are able to help out: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/fallriverexpress/
- As with many food service organizations, to offset some of the additional costs associated with COVID, we will be implementing a price increase on select menu offerings effective December 1. Price increases are measured and in line with market pricing. A notice will be posted on our preorder sites. Thanks for your understanding.
A huge thanks to all those who have been painting our outdoor tables. We are definitely enjoying them. Thanks for your continued support WMES.
Have a great week everyone. As always – please reach out if you have questions / concerns.
Take care & stay safe