Free Programs for Families from our Community Health Team!
We hope this New Year finds you safe and well. For many people, this time of year brings thoughts of change and an interest in taking care of our physical and mental wellbeing. This may be truer now more than ever!
The Community Health Team is here to support you and the families in your schools.
We continue to deliver our FREE wellness programs in a virtual zoom for health care platform as well as offer content to reflect the current needs of families (i.e. focus on anxiety, screen time, behavior challenges, and self-compassion).
The Community Health Teams are a joint partnership between the IWK Health and Nova Scotia Health.
Please fine the promotional material attached. Here is what we are currently offering:
• My Child is Anxious. Should I worry? - 2 week program
• Screen Time in my Family - 1 week program
• Self-compassion for parents – 1 week program
• Incredible Years Parenting Program - 12 week program for parents of 6-12 year olds (School Aged) and 14 week program for parents of 3-6 year olds (Pre-school)
• NEW Parenting your Teenager: Walking the Middle Path – 6 week program
• NEW Handle with Care- 8 week program for parents of 0-6 year olds
• Parent/Caregiver 101 Series offered by IWK Pediatric Dietitians & Occupational Therapists - Behaviour 101, Mealtime 101, Toileting 101
The CHT flyer also has many other free health and wellness programs to support your families.