This Week at WMES - November 14 - 18
This Week at WMES
Week of November 14-18
Dear WMES families:
Our November Calendar can be found on our webpage.
Some info for you this week:
- Food Drive: We are participating in the Lion’s Express, and HRCE School’s Plus Food Drives this year. If you are able to help, please send in any donations over the next few weeks to support local families in need. Thank you.
- If you could use some food support please contact the school, or the Schools Plus team and we will make arrangements. Please also see the attached flyers.
- A reminder to all families that we always have healthy snacks at the office for any student who needs an extra snack. We typically have some sort of fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese, cereal and granola bars.
- Our “Celebrate the Arts” night on December 12th will begin at 5pm. It is an Open House night to view student artwork and take in some live performances. There will be live performances on the Main stage and on Stage 2 in the cafeteria. The schedule will be out next week so that families can make arrangements to view their children’s performances.
- If you are in need of COVID testing kits or masks please let us know. We can send some home - or you can drop in to pick them up.
- Term One is quickly coming to a close. Next Monday, November 21st is an Assessment and Evaluation Day for teachers. There is no school on this day. Report cards will come home on November 29th. Student Progress Conferences will be held on November 30th from 6-8pm and on December 1st from 1-4pm. Classroom teachers will be sending home notices to set up these meetings in the next few weeks.
Upcoming Dates for your calendar:
November 21st - No School for students. This is an Assessment day for teachers
November 23rd - Grade 4 and 5 students are going to see High School Musical - performed by Halifax Regional Arts students. Permission slips home tomorrow.
November 24th - PTC (6pm) and SAC (7PM) meetings in our conference room
November 29th - Report Cards will be emailed home. (Please make sure we have an updated email if yours has changed).
November 30th - Evening Student Progress conferences
December 1st - No School - PD for staff in the am, Student progress conferences in the afternoon.
December 2nd - No School for students, PD day for staff.
December 12th - “Celebrating the Arts” Night at WMES
December 20th - Last day of school for the Christmas Break
Have a great week everyone.
Mrs. Wolfe and Mrs. van der Weegen