This Week at WMES - November 30th
This week at WMES
November 30th, 2020
Dear WMES Families:
Thursday, December 3 is a Professional Development / Parent-Teacher Interview Day. There are no classes for Pre-Primary to Grade 12.
Student Pick up through the day: Going forward, if you are picking your child up outside of the regular pick up time please call the main office at 902-860-4150 and someone will walk your child out to the Kiss and Go lane for you. This will minimize traffic at the main office. Thanks.
On November 1st, our first term report cards will be sent home. Teachers will be communicating a summary of student progress and achievement on the report card. Grades and report cards will be based solely upon individual learning and will accurately reflect achievement of the outcomes as defined by the provincial curriculum and/or individual program plan. This fall our teachers have been learning about your child’s strengths and areas for additional support as they reviewed concepts and engaged with new learning. We spent the first number of weeks of this school year transitioning back to school after a most unusual spring. We spent time at the start of the year building relationships and safe routines, adjusting to different ways of learning and caring for the well being of our school community. We are committed to supporting the unique needs and situations of students and their families by responding with flexibility and understanding.
This progress report will be followed by a virtual parent/guardian and teacher interview. This is an opportunity for teachers to talk with parents/guardians and their child about their progress. Next steps for improvement will be discussed. We are confident that teachers, parents/guardians and students will work together to support achievement of the child’s goals for improvement.
I would like to assure you that we will continue to work and support your child so that they meet their full potential. In the meantime, please celebrate their strengths, recognize the challenges and work with the classroom teacher to support next steps.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Will take place on December 3rd. Classroom teachers have been in touch to set up times for virtual conferences. If you do not yet have an appointment time and would like one, please contact your child’s classroom teacher asap. Thanks.
As we continue to navigate the increasing numbers of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia we want to assure you that we are being diligent at school with all Public Health guidelines and protocols.
What can you do at home?
• Continue having conversations with your children about the importance of following Public Health protocols designed to keep us all safe at home, at school and in the community.
• Reassure your children that school is a safe place to be and learn.
• Wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. Let’s continue to do our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Please continue to monitor the health of your children daily for signs or symptoms of COVID-19, using Nova Scotia’s daily checklist at: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/Daily-COVID-checklist-en.pdf .
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions for families, click here .
For the most up-to-date information from the Province of Nova Scotia, please visit: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
Are we ready if we have to switch to online learning if we needed to?
• Does your child have a device to use at home to login for school – real time classes and to complete work online?
• Have you navigated their google classroom to see how it works? Here’s a quick tutorial to help you.
• School photos can still be ordered. You can visit Photomaster Studios web site and order online at photomasterstudios.ca.
All orders will now be sent home by Canada Post instead of going to the school.
Please note that Photomasters has all the school photos on file for the past 7 years. If you missed a year you can order past years online too.
Lion’s Christmas Express -
• You can still help by donating to this amazing cause.
Here is the link: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/fallriverexpress/
Have a great week everyone. As always – please reach out if you have questions / concerns.
Take care & stay safe